5 Ways Acupuncture Can Supercharge Your Digestion
Like many other bodily functions, digestion is a complex process. For all that we have learned over the past years regarding digestion, there is yet so much more that we are still yet to learn. Thousands of Americans suffer from a myriad of digestive disorders including pancreatitis and acid reflux. Thankfully, there are several holistic means to treat digestion-related issues such as acupuncture in East Bay, CA. Read on to learn how acupuncture can supercharge your digestion to keep you feeling fit and healthy.
Acupuncture is a traditional form of Chinese medicine that has been used since time immemorial to treat people with digestive disorders. An ever-increasing volume of studies around the efficacy of acupuncture are performed each day and reveal that acupuncture holds great promise for individuals who suffer from digestive issues. Here’s how!
1. Acupuncture treats a person holistically. This means that when you get treated by a licensed acupuncturist, you will not only notice an improvement with your digestive issues, but also your general health and wellbeing. While acupuncture may not have immediate results, it does show results in the long run. Acupuncture also helps boost your immunity and improve your overall digestive functionality.
2. Studies have shown that patients who suffer from digestive issues can greatly benefit from acupuncture sessions. These sessions stimulate peristalsis in your intestinal tract. This is particularly helpful to patients who suffer from constipation issues. Our acupuncturists at Anchor Acupuncture specialize in treating mild to chronic painful constipation and patients can enjoy relief in as few as one or two sessions.
3. Nausea and vomiting are common complaints among those who suffer from digestion issues. You will be surprised to know that acupuncture can help calm an upset stomach. An experienced acupuncturist will treat acupressure points on the underside of the forearm that reduces stomach pain almost instantly. Treating this acupressure point also helps reduce nausea and vomiting.
4. If you suffer from digestive issues, you likely deal with bloating from time to time. Bloating is caused either by eating more than necessary or improper digestion. Acupuncture treatment can aid in the digestion process and help break down food properly without producing gases that can cause bloating.
5. Most people associate diarrhea with stomach flu. However, one out of every ten people tend to suffer from diarrhea on a regular basis. If you suffer from diarrhea, you have probably tried every OTC drug and remedy to alleviate the pain and discomfort accompanied by diarrhea. Thankfully, this is a condition you do not have to live with. Acupuncture in the East Bay, can help cure diarrhea by strengthening the digestive tract.
If you suffer from digestion issues and are looking for a remedy that works, contact Anchor Acupuncture. At Anchor Acupuncture, we understand that no two people are the same and therefore the symptoms that each person may suffer from can be different. We provide holistic treatment options that are tailored to your health and needs. Contact us today at (415) 855-3112.